Friday, September 25, 2009

I have sold The Pleasure Slave!

Lucius Metellus Carbo, once a legate on the rise in the Roman army, is now crippled, a recluse in disgrace. When he rescues a whore from abuse, he can't help but be drawn to the beautiful young Gaul. Varick shows up at his house in Pompeii, and the two men slowly form an odd friendship. Eventually, Lucius buys Varick but he doesn't want Varick's sexual compliance out of duty. Can he believe his slave truly desires him?





I already have a cover for this but can't share it until I have the final, but I really like it. This is a story I found wonderfully absorbing to work on. It is slated for a January 2010 release date. I put up a short excerpt from the novella here.

Now I just have to get back on track with what I'm working on now. Mastering Toby has been shuffled aside a lot so I got a little stalled. I'm eager to get it recharged and get back to work on it. It is just under 40,000 words now.

Tomorrow we will be attending the Japanese tea ceremony at Nitobe Gardens. I'm really looking forward to that and hope to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment